Analysis aimed to assess the state of crimping tools, before being put into service and periodically thereafter.
The basis of a good crimping begins with a compaction analysis:
Upon the arrival of a crimping tool, we conduct a compaction analysis to validate compliance.
Compaction will be performed periodically throughout the life of the tool, depending on the number of crimp connector or a crimping defect found.
The steps of a compacting analysis:
- Crimping a lug
- Cutting at the crimp barrel
- Cleaning by electrolysis
- Calculation data by a microscope coupled to a computer
Our requirements are:
- Respected crimp height
- Filling rate greater than 85%
- "Cat's ears" of less than half of the thickness of the terminal
- Crimping heart and closed
- Fissure prohibited